Monday, October 20, 2008

Navy ball and polka dot birthday

I had a cake this week that gave me a chance to be a bit more artistic. Time to bust out the paint brushes!! Rachel came to see me to help design a birthday cake for the US Navy for the annual Navy Ball. We decided that the navy emblem and a painting of the USS Constitution would be the perfect design for a crowd of 200. The cake was a double layer Yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and strawberry mousse filling. I made the Navy emblem and ship out of Gumpaste plaques that i hand painted and they were completly edible!




Rachel sent me a thankful email and sent along some pics to share. I LOVE it when i get to see the reciepent with the cake. Thanks rachel, i enjoyed this one!!!





Faith turns two!

What a great design idea- match the cake to the papergoods. I love it when a customer brings in an invitation or napkin/plate to match the cake to. Faith had a stacked cake with each tier being both chocolate and yellow cake with vanilla buttercream. There is something about a buttery yellow cake- it looks so yummy :) Hope you had a nice bithday Faith!

No comments: